The first release by Adam Rudolph’s Moving Pictures in over five years is a perfect example of creative music looking to the future while expressing the sound of now. The amazing chemistry and collective language amongst the musicians reflects their many years of developing and performing Rudolph’s concept. These musicians each have direct and personal connections to the roots and history of jazz as they have performed with and have been mentored by key figures in 20th century creative music such as Ornette Coleman, Yusef Lateef, Roy Haynes, Don Cherry, Sam Rivers, Jon Hassel, and many more.
Audiophile Limited Edition Double Vinyl – 300 copies pressed
The exceptional and modern recorded sound of Glare of the Tiger was done by long-time collaborator James Dellatacoma, head engineer at Bill Laswell’s Orange Music Studio.
“This recording is the fullest realization of aesthetic and concept, which I have been developing for the past three decades. My aim was to compose music that inspired the musicians to express their inner voice, while still maintaining a clear focus on aesthetic and overall sound. It is my feeling that to honor tradition, one should look forward and not backward. The tradition is to sound like yourself and create a NEW music that reflects the NOW. To put it another way, Yusef Lateef often said to me, “Brother Adam, we are evolutionists.”
Meta Records – 2023
- 1. Glare of the Tiger ADAM RUDOLPH'S MOVING PICTURES 1:30
- 2. Interlude One ADAM RUDOLPH'S MOVING PICTURES
- 3. Ecstaticized ADAM RUDOLPH'S MOVING PICTURES 1:30
- 4. Interlude Two ADAM RUDOLPH'S MOVING PICTURES
- 5. Rotations ADAM RUDOLPH'S MOVING PICTURES 1:30
- 6. Dialogic ADAM RUDOLPH'S MOVING PICTURES 1:30
- 7. Ciresque ADAM RUDOLPH'S MOVING PICTURES 1:30
- 8. Interlude Three ADAM RUDOLPH'S MOVING PICTURES
- 9. Lehra ADAM RUDOLPH'S MOVING PICTURES 1:30
- 10. Wonderings ADAM RUDOLPH'S MOVING PICTURES 1:30
- 11. Interlude Four ADAM RUDOLPH'S MOVING PICTURES