Synth ambiences, acoustic landscapes, deep songwriting and subtle candombe percussions combine in most of the musical output released in Uruguay during the 80s. A very unique sound was developed within the narrow boundaries of Montevideo by just a small group of very talented artists. These sounds reverberated in singer-songwriting, jazz fusion approximations, experimental music and the work of musicians at the intersections of these worlds.
In “América Invertida”, ethereal vocal arrangements and acoustic guitars cohabit with synthesizers and drum machines; Candombe and Latin American music form a fellowship with new wave and dream pop.
“América Invertida” is presented with obi strip, deluxe artwork finishing and insert including extensive liner notes and previously unseen photos. Most of the tracks are reissued here for the first time.
This compilation is the fruitful output of a collaboration with Montevideo based label Little Butterfly, the first of many to come.
Vampisoul – 2021
- A1. Desencanto - Contraviento 1:30
- A2. Jaime Roos, Estela Magnone - Tras Tus Ojos 1:30
- A3. Eduardo Darnauchans - De Los Relojeros 1:30
- A4. Hugo Jasa - Kabumba 1:30
- A5. Eduardo Mateo - El Chi-Li-Ban-Dan 1:30
- B1. Travesía - En Este Momento 1:30
- B2. Mariana Ingold - Capítulos 1:30
- B3. La Escuelita - Llamada Insólita 1:30
- B4. Hugo Jasa - Y El Tiempo Pasa 1:30
- B5. Leo Masliah, Jorge Cumbo - Bombinhas 1:30
- B6. Fernando Cabrera - A Ustedes 1:30